NORDOX products are approved worldwide for use in coffee, both for the control of diseases and as a slow release source of micronutrients.
Disease Prevention & Control
NORDOX copper products applied at relatively low rates have been shown to prevent and control most common bacterial and fungal diseases in coffee:
- Coffee Leaf Rust (Hemileia vastatrix)
- Coffee Berry Disease (CBD, Colletotrichum kahawae)
- Cercospora Leaf Spot (Cercospora coffeicola)
- Mal de hilachas/Coffee Thread Blight (Corticium koleroga)
- Bacterial Blight of Coffee (BBC, Pseudomonas syringae)
- South American Leaf Spot/Ojo de Gallo (Mycena citricolor)
- and more…
NORDOX fungicide/bactericides are used preventatively throughout the year.
Our VERNO FG products (Cu, Zn, & Mn) are formulated to correct micronutrient deficiencies and when applied at the right time, these products have been shown to enhance coffee tree yield and vigor.
In east Africa, VERNO FG Cu30+Zn30 is used 6-8 weeks before flowering, during cherry expansion, and post-harvest. This use stimulates flowering, makes flowering stronger and internodes longer (room for more and bigger cherries) and retains more foliage post-harvest.
Please Note: Rates and timing of NORDOX and VERNO product applications are based on trials and experience and may vary based on crop size and growing conditions. Please contact your national distributor for updated label information and technical support.